YOU were in high school.
I watch as the high school cross country team runs past and think “Ah, those were the days, my friends.” Remember?
- You were young and nearly invincible…except when some guy was breaking your heart.
- You passed notes to your best friend in the next class period by leaving them taped to the underside of the desk.
- You hung with any and all of the groups — refusing to be defined by any set identity: jocks, cowboys, swimmers, band, geeks, stoners, or freaks.
- You said no to drugs because you were certain that no high could be better than the runner’s high.
- You proudly wore “berks” with multi-colored toe socks, thrift store hawaiian shirts, and 501 jeans.
- You ran with the guys…just because you could.
What are a few of the things YOU remember about your high school days?
Jennifer Henson says
I remember running with the guys…faster than half their team ;) I remember perms and curled bangs, ;) I remember loving running so much that when I broke my leg I didn’t know what I’d do with myself… I remember not being able to wait to leave and head onto the next phase in my life…