Around this time of year would be when I might write a Year-in-Review post. Twenty-twenty is not one of those years that needs summing up. If I am remembering correctly, I had every intention of repeating my Daily Photo Project of 2010. It didn’t happen. I envisioned that I might “put myself out there” again. Following 11 months of healing, from eleven years of dating the same gentleman who I thought I would one day marry, I thought that I might be able to risk opening my heart up to another. That also did not happen. What did happen, (since I am going down this path) is that he-who-swore-he-would-NEVER-remarry again is engaged. My ability to trust a man with my heart is once more shot to hell in a handbasket. I could claim hindsight. I could stay mad.
The year wasn’t ALL bad.
- So far, the boys and I remain healthy…and happy too.
- We have a new dog in the house. He may try to eat my socks, but I am pretty sure that he won’t break my heart.
- Also, I get to work from home; no more 40-60 minute commute each way.
- My car insurance costs less and I rarely need to fill my gas tank.
- The people in my neighborhood come out of their houses now and walk around the block. We politely make space for one another and wave from a distance.
- I am happy. Did I say that already?
I am happy.
I AM happy.
I am HAPPY.