You may remember when Christmas was about things other than presents. It still is about these other things. But since I have been asked to produce my Christmas list, I decided to share it with you as well (just in case).
I’m not the only one putting lists out there. I love how Runner Susan puts it: “Let’s get one thing straight; Runner Susan celebrates all holidays that involve the giving of gifts to Susan.”
It’s no coincidence that I also celebrate all holidays involving gifts for ME – and there are two coming up quick. Truthfully, this is prompted by my boys’ request for gift giving ideas, so I’ve started putting together a list of gifts for your gift giving pleasure. Ha-Ha-Ha, I mean Ho-Ho-Ho. As you will see, most of the items on my list are out of their price range unless funded by none other than me (which can certainly be arranged).
If YOU were already planning to give me a gift, here is your list:
• A new container of Sport Shield – roll on (available at most running stores)
• Running socks for my precious, cute, little feet. (Note: I run in a Size 9 shoe, but my actual foot is Size 8) My remaining pairs are, mysteriously, getting stretched out as if someone, with a very large foot (Size 11 men’s), has been wearing them. I wonder if he lost his present from last year. (I loved the unique padding of SuperSox but the company went out of business, so recommendations are welcome.)
• Coupons to do pampering things for me such as rub my feet (I promise to wash them first), play with my hair, or bring me coffee in bed.
• MAC lipstick (color: Verve)
• Ready made (freezable) meals for the tough, or just plain lazy, days.
• A nice headlamp that is suitable for running (recommendations please)
• Black and White (5 x 7 or larger) portraits and/or candid shots of my three sons (need not be professional).
• Replacement print for wall above couch: Wedding Dance by Pieter Bruegel the Elder Art Print (28 x 22 in or larger)
• Of course, I am always open to the surprise gift that someone just knows I will love.