1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Paper please.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real, but I am thinking that a fake one would have stood up straighter.
3. When do you put up your tree? I the past many years, we haven’t gotten the tree until about a week before Christmas. This year, we had our tree up and decorated five days after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take down your tree? The year that I took the tree down the day after Christmas Tom had a fit. I miss took his depression, and thought taking the tree down would somehow help (he suffered a great loss many Christmases ago.) One of the reasons that I put the tree up early this year is so that nobody will complain when I take it down the following day. I’m being selfish, but I like the idea of having my Birthday be separate from Christmas (even though it is two days later).
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! I love Silk Nog
6. Favorite gift received as a child? It would still have to be my stuffed Snoopy since my overalls were actually a Birthday gift (even I mix my Birthday and Christmas up).
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, although it is still in the box.
8. Hardest person to buy for? DD. He has everything that he wants.
9. Easiest person to buy for? YaYa. He loves everything that he is given.
10. Worst Christmas gift you’ve ever received? This is a tough one. I must have blocked out the not-so-perfect gifts because I don’t have anything for this one.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? They’re in the mail (at least some of them).
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Charlie Brown Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I begin my shopping when ever I can get the time. Generally, this is well after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I am not against the idea (as the giver or the receiver) if the re-gifting is genuine.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? It depends on my mood and on who is cooking. I have so many favorites.
16. White or colored lights? I like white lights on the tree and colored lights on the house.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night and Silent Night
18. Traveling for Christmas or stay home? We will be home with everyone else coming our way this year.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Probably not. Let’s see. Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Rudoph, and…Vixen. No? Wait, I got it. Chet. I think that was the name of that new one who was leading Santa’s sleigh all crazy at the end of the movie The Santa Clause 2.
20. Angel or Star on top of tree? Star
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Parking
23. What I love most about Christmas? I love driving around at night and looking at the lights on everyone’s homes.
It’s fun to see which answers remain the same, and which ones I have a new response to.