“…density of the granularity…”
What did he just say?
It’s been a day of more acronym soup – this time, however, the same acronyms mean something completely different than what they meant in my previous role.
Just when I thought I knew something.
I was already well past information overload, when the discussion of medDRA, data mining, and SMQs began. Aside from the fact that I couldn’t see past the instructor to visual the slides, my brain was mush. I didn’t bother to ask him to move. I felt too much like Charlie Brown trying to make sense of “waah wah wah, wah wah wah waah.” I was doing a poor job.
Don’t get me wrong; this course is good. I am learning a lot. I just hope that I can absorb the knowledge before it goes out the other ear. There really is so many facts to know. What is worse, is the fact that today was just the overview. Tomorrow, we will delve into the nitty gritty of Global Pharmacovigilance.
At the end of the day, I got to meet some very nice folks. I went out to dinner with Jen, Dan, Sarah, Adele, Tonja, and… *sheepish grin* I forgot her name (oops). She was the first to tell me her name, and I hadn’t committed it to memory when the other names were getting blurted out.
I’m better with the little facts than names:
– Dan is from Boston. He likes the Red Sox and played the drums in his younger years. I think that he meant when he was a teenager; he still is young. Dan asked me what I write about in my blog. I told him that if the group got drunk enough from the Saki, I would have plenty to write about. They didn’t get drunk, so this is all the material that I have. *sorry*
– Sarah is also from Boston. She likes to run but prefers distances shorter than 26.2 miles. She also sails and will be getting married in the near future. Her wedding ring will not be the traditional diamond ring, but rather a artful creation. A surprise but with a few of her desires incorporated into the design.
– Jen said she was boring, and that she didn’t have any hobbies. The fact is, she loves to garden and has a two-year-old that keeps her plenty busy.
– Tonja plays the piano. She also likes to cook and has a 9 year old daughter whose cooking talents would put me to shame. She is an Atlantaian, transplanted to New Jersey.
– Adele likes to garden and said the food we were eating was the best of the kind that she has had in a long time.
– Finally the woman, whose name has escaped me, has three children. Her youngest (son) will be coming tomorrow from college to meet her for dinner. She said that she doesn’t have a hobby ‘cuz she’s too busy paying for her children’s college expenses. She said that she comes from a family of runners. Her family lives in Boston but they aren’t marathoners.
I’m back in my hotel room, watching the minutes tick away. It’s 9:30 pm here on the east coast but BoBo won’t be out of “group” until 8 pm PST. It will be a couple of hours until I can wish them good night or, more accurately have them wish me a good night. It’s hard to sleep when my boys are so far away, but I’ve got some Tylenol PM and am hoping to sleep better tonight than last night.