I am a little slow to these days. I blame it all on my running injury, but that excuse doesn’t really work for my brain functioning slowly. My point?
I actually try to post everyday anyhow. Looking back through November, I missed posting on the 6th but posted twice on the 9th. So, even though it is too late to officially be included, I will participate anyhow.
Because, you know that I hate being left out. I already feel like I am missing out on things because of my not running. It is true that I am missing out on Sunday long runs, Yasso Repeats, and Saturday runs at marathon pace, but I am more available for other things…
Ten Things that I am NOT missing out on:
1. Being ever present to shuttle the kids to their many activities. Now that I have more time, it isn’t as hard to coordinate the many trips.
2. Football, football, and more football. Not only am I able to watch BoBo’s games live, but I can watch them over and over on DVD. I also have been watching more football than I have in my entire life in this time of decreased mobility.
3. Kids movies. Yes, lots of watching the kids’ favorites. We just got Over the Hedge, which is so cute and funny. It is fun to sit and laugh with the kids.
4. Reading running blogs and hope for very descriptive writing so that I can feel just like I was doing the running too.
5. Watch the leaves turn from green into the brilliant fall colors. Yes, even in California they change (Contrary to popular belief).
6. Having more opportunity to do the dishes, the laundry, the remaining household chores – most of which I am trying to pull the “injured card” to better avoid doing them.
7. Standing on the scale each morning and praying that my weight hasn’t gone up during this time where exercise is basically non-existent.
8. Be stressed because I have no outlet since running is out for the time being.
9. Each Chocolate (see # 8).
10. Pray some more (see # 7).