Officially, I have been working at the new location for a full week now.
Highlights from the first week (“tweets” from @iJuls):
- I’m in utter chaos!
- Hour plus commute makes iJuls a very cranky girl. At least we’re half-way through the work week. Have a good day folks.
- Some people are friendly here and others not so much. The trick is figuring out who’s who.
- 1 hour 30 minutes, with 2 minutes to penalty fees (work to YaYa’s school).
- I’d close my office door right now to hide the tears but I don’t have one anymore. I’m in a room with 20+ people – located next to the files.
It’s a factory and I must produce, produce, produce. Oh, and I should do it using their standard operating procedures (which I haven’t had time to train on). In short, it is as awful as I anticipated — worse even.
My attempts to come up with a list of positives was a pointless. Here is my best attempt:
- Because the acoustics are so atrocious, we are given ear-canceling headphones to wear while we work. I get to sit in my cubicle and block out the world.
- There is a great cafeteria. I’ve been bringing my lunch but, if I were to forget it, I wouldn’t starve.
- I’ve already found one running route, equipped with dirt and a short hill.
- I have a young man who is assigned to help me. He’s hard working and catching on quickly which is a huge help since I have the workload of the 7 people who worked at the last place. Unfortunately, he is assigned to help others too.
Unfortunately, runs at work probably won’t be happening. The one day that I ventured, the 30 minutes (plus quick shower) transformed my one hour commute into one and a half hours. YaYa was the last to be picked up from extended care and I was just minutes shy of having to lay down the bucks for my tardiness.*sigh*